Podcast episode #22: Why you need to stay current with your coffee business to be successful
"You're not finding coffee, the coffee business finds you!"
Couldn't agree more with that quote of Andrew Hetzel, consultant and owner at Coffee Strategies as well as member of the board of directors at Specialty Coffee Association.
In this podcast episode Andrew and I are discussing
- current developments within the specialty coffee industry,
- why roasters and coffee shop owners need to focus on their brand to build the point of contact for their customers and
- why making profit is only part of the deal, if you wanna be successful with your coffee business.
What you'll learn in this episode:
- How to build a sustainable business and keep up with the values of specialty coffee
- Why you need to stay current within the specialty coffee industry
- Why becoming a customer of your competitors makes you more successful
- How to communicate the 'coffee story' to your customers
- Why you need to focus on consumer convenience within your business.
What's your opinion? Do you agree with Andrew and him saying spreading the word about specialty coffee would be the job of roasters and cafe/coffee shop owners? Comment below!
'adding some flavor | a coffee marketing podcast' is a podcast by Coffeepreneur Melanie Boehme and is airing on Tuesdays every second week. In this podcast Melanie provides Marketing hacks for coffee professionals and their coffee businesses. Often she invites interesting guests from the specialty coffee industry to her show, as well, to share their insights (and maybe some secrets) with you.