Podcast episode #2: What does it need to open a coffee shop 'business'?
The know how needed of owning a coffee shop is only 20% about coffee... Sounds discouraging, right?
But, I know, many of you are aware of the fact, that owning a coffee shop is not only about making coffee. It's a lot about efficiency, discipline and all sorts of soft skills.
How can you gain that business knowledge that one needs to open a coffee shop? What does it need to not only have a coffee shop, but a coffee shop business?
In this 2nd episode of 'Adding some flavor | a coffee marketing podcast' Gwilym and I are discussing
- how it started with Prufrock 5 years ago,
- what it took to open Prufrock as a coffee shop business,
- what it needs to open a coffee shop business and he shares some
- tools and tricks with us how to deal with all this business matter around owning a coffee shop.
Gwilym also shares some great insights on
- what a having a business buddy can do for your coffee shop business,
- why he suggests to not go for perfection when opening and
- what it took him to grow from the 'coffee activist' he has been into the coffee business person he is now.
This is episode #2 of a podcast mini series of 6 episodes in total, where I'm talking to Gwilym Davies, Co-owner of Prufrock Coffee in London, World Barista Champion and World Coffee Events Head Judge about success and successful coffee shops.
What are your experiences as a coffee shop business person? Share them in the comments below!
'Adding some flavor | a coffee marketing podcast' is a podcast by Melanie Boehme of Simel.Coffee and is airing on Tuesdays every second week. In this podcast Melanie provides Marketing hacks for coffee professionals and their coffee shop businesses. Often she invites interesting guests from the coffee industry to her show, as well, to share their insights (and maybe some secrets) with you.